I love birthdays, whether it be my own or someone else’s. I enjoy planning a small party complete with balloons and birthday cake, but the best bit is seeing the smile on someone’s face when they open a gift that I have carefully chosen especially for them. Spring seems to be a busy time of year for me, looking in my diary I found I had quite a few friends and family members with birthdays all at the same time. When it’s my birthday, I tell everyone weeks before and give them some idea of what’s on my wish list, not everyone is like that, making it a bit harder to find the perfect gift. I had great fun shopping for suitable gifts for people who I know, and came across these goodies that may give you a little inspiration too.
- L’Occitane gift sets* all smell absolutely divine, my favourite is the cherry blossom one, and the packaging is so pretty. They range from skincare, bodycare and fragrance, making wonderful treats for just about anyone who needs a little bit of pampering. the Moments of Pure Delight set, not only smells incredible but would be perfect to take on holiday, it contains 5 mini products including shower gel, conditioner, shampoo, bath foam and hand cream.
- I’ve fallen in love with this gorgeous pink and rose gold makeup brush set from IndyLuxe, who are a brand new company. The pearlescent unicorn set includes 8 different shaped brushes for highlighter, blusher, contouring and eyeshadow. They look so luxurious and would make a wonderful addition to any makeup lovers collection!
- This adorable Boudoir Old Romance Earring Holder from Lylia Rose would look amazing on any woman’s dressing table, it has a beautiful vintage finish and comes in duck egg blue. The frame is large enough to hang other necklaces or bracelets over the corners, as well as attaching earrings to the wire grid. Who wouldn’t want their favourite sparkles on show with something like this?
- This embroidered back pack from New Look has such a cute design on it and perfect for anytime not just Spring, I don’t know about a gift but I need it in my life too! It’s large enough to carry all your stuff around with you, either for work or Uni, plus it has a smaller pocket either side making them ideal for your mobile or keys.
- If you know someone who loves their make up, they’d be over the moon if they received the heart shaped makeup bag from Kat Von D/Too Faced. It includes four mini products (a lipstick, liquid lipstick, blusher and highlighter) and features the adorable dog design on either side.
- These mini gifts from The Body shop are just about the right size for sending in the post. I know quite a few beauty lovers who would be so pleased with the Shea Butter set, containing a body butter, shower gel and hand cream, leaving the skin and hair feeling beautifully soft and smooth.
- A friend who has just had a room makeover or moved house would absolutely love something to go with their new decor, like this pink fluffy cushion for her bed. It’s so cute but would look great almost any where, especially that chair in the corner that needs jazzing up.
- Who doesn’t love to luxuriate in the bathroom for a good few hours for a pamper session when they get the chance, one of my friends does this at least once a week and doesn’t surface until she’s done the full top to toe beauty treatment. She would be squealing with delight if I got her this Hello Gorgeous set from Lush, and she’d most probably use the pretty box for storage in her bedroom!
If you’re never too sure what to get someone then a gift card is always a winner, Amazon, iTunes, a restaurant or one for their favourite fashion store. possibly a subscription to the magazine they love to read every month on the bus to work.
I’m sure what ever you choose to give to someone on their birthday, they will absolutely love it!
Let me know your most favourite gift you’ve ever been given.