Very often it’s the simplest of things in life that make me happy. Those little things that I can sometimes take for granted.
I’ve always loved writing and have kept a diary for years where I’ve written down what’s made me happy on that particular day, as well as what’s made me really angry or upset. I’ve recently been reading through some old teenage diaries and that gave me the inspiration for this post, so I thought it would be quite nice to share what things make me happy throughout the year.
So here goes:
- Watching a beautiful sunset
- The feel of freshly washed hair
- Fresh, clean sheets on the bed
- A tidy desk
- Listening to the sound of rain against the window
- Cuddles with my cat, Pepper, and listening to her purring
- The sound of the sea washing over pebbles
- Collecting sea shells on the beach
- Dipping my toes in the sea
- Snuggled under a warm throw
- Breakfast in bed
- Baking a cake
- New pyjamas
- Reading a good book before I go to bed
- A hot mug of tea with jam on toast
- A soft, warm towel after a bath
- An early morning walk when it’s foggy
- Disney movies
- A hot chocolate or bowl of hot soup on a cold day
- A hug from someone special
- Doodling in a notebook and colouring books
- An unsuspected phone call from a friend
- Receiving a handwritten letter
- Having fresh flowers in the house
- Sitting in the garden on a warm summer’s evening
- Lighting a candle in my room
- Spending time with my friends and family
- Someone leaving a lovely comment on my blog or my social media
There are so many more things I could add to this list but I’d be here all day! Above all else, the one person who makes me happy no matter what is my hubby, Adrian.
What simple things make you happy?