I know it’s a cliche but honestly, 2017 has absolutely flown by. I can’t believe it’s New Years Eve already. This year has been absolutely amazing and I wanted to write some of the highlights down so I could look back on them. They may seem like little things, but to me they mean a lot and it makes me feel so incredibly grateful.
1. Adrian and I celebrated 10 years of marriage, it only seems like yesterday since we had our special day together
2. Visited Brighton and met lovely Holly from Golly Miss Holly. We both had an amazing day hanging out together and the most delicious ice cream on Brighton Pier.
3. In the Spring I met my half sister for the very first time. She was brought up in Canada and I grew up in the UK.
4. Given the opportunity to feature some amazing brands on my blog such as GOSH and Timeless Beauty by Joan Collins
5. Being invited to the GOSH Autumn/Winter Launch event and a lunch with Pixie Lott and Kiss Cosmetics in London.
6. Was nominated for Most Addictive Blog in the We Are 30 Plus Awards. I was over the moon and still can’t believe it. Thank you to everyone who voted for me, you literally made me so happy.
8. Adrian and I spent a few days in Southwold. If you haven’t been then it’s a beautiful. quaint English seaside town with rows of pastle coloured beach huts. We had so much fun, even after getting caught in a rain storm.
9. Went to my first Halloween Party in fancy dress as Wednesday Adams. This was a major achievement for me as for years I’d had a fear of masks, I’m still not totally comfortable with seeing them but I’m getting there.
10. Had a major declutter in just about every room of the house, it’s amazing what things I’d forgotten I’d got plus I donated quite a few bags of things I no longer use to charity.
11. Enjoyed getting outdoors more. We have some beautiful parks and woodland areas practically on our doorstep, it did me the world of good to get away away from the PC for a while and escape into my own little world.
12. Remembered I love reading. Taking full advantage of living just around the corner from a library meant I could read as many as I wanted without the cost or taking up space on my newly cleared shelves.
13. Joined a Women’s Health and Support Group. We enjoy a range of activities including exercise, craft, baking and alternative therapies. Plus I met a lot of new friends which also helped with my confidence.
14. Stepping out of my comfort zone. Trying something as simple as a bolder lipstick or experimenting with fashion, I’ve loved every minute.
15. My First Christmas with my Sister. We both had such an amazing few weeks together, spending time with other family members. It was also extremely emotional looking through photos of our Dad, who is sadly no longer with us.
I’m hoping 2018 is going to be just as wonderful and that I’ll be sharing every moment with my friends and family.
What has been your most memorable highlight from 2017?